OpenInkpot Social Contract 1.0
1. OpenInkpot is a free software
The guidelines that we use to determine if a work is "free" are contained the document entitled " The Debian Free Software Guidelines". We promise that the OpenInkpot system and all its components will be free according to these guidelines. We will support people who create or use both free and non-free works on OpenInkpot. We will never make the system require the use of a non-free component.
2. We will give back to the free software community
When we write new components of the OpenInkpot system, we will license them in a manner consistent with the Debian Free Software Guidelines. We will make the best system we can, so that free works will be widely distributed and used. We will communicate things such as bug fixes, improvements and user requests to the "upstream" authors of works included in our system.
3. Digital Restrictions Mangement
We strongly discourage use of DRM, but we understand the needs to use DRM-protected media formats. We will accept software implementing DRM schemes to the OpenInkpot project only if it fulfils the following requirements:
- The contributed code is free software.
- The contributed code does not need any hardware keys or binary-only firmware blobs for functioning properly (i.e. DRM scheme has to be portable to different hardware and continue to work there).
- Copyright owner of the contributed code demonstrates that it is unconditionally legal to distribute and use this software.