Qisda ES600 / ES900
Manufacturer : Qisda
Names : Sagem Binder , Medion Oyo , Bq Avant , Bq Avant XL , Promedia PO-541 , Mr.Book ONext Touch & Read 001 , Positivo Alfa , Benq K60 , EGriver Touch , Asus eeeReader DR-900 , Icaruse Sense E650 and probably many more
Status : –
Currently it seems that every eBook-Reader with Sipix display is based on this platform.
- S3C2416 SoC, 400 MHz
- 128 MB RAM
- Sipix Display (6 or 9 inch)
- AUO K1900 or K1901 controller
- capacititve Touchscreen
Holding the "Book" and "News" keys (page prev + page next on Oyo) while starting the device starts a rescue system. When a files qdutil/uzImage and qdutil/urootfs.img are found on an inserted SD-card the boot loader of the rescue system uses these instead of the original rescue system. The "uzImage" is a simple zImage kernel.
Thalia, the vendor of the Medion Oyo in Germany, released some sources on http://www.thalia.de/oyo_src/SG060B00_V009.tgz. These contain the kernel and u-boot boot loader.
The kernel is a 22.214.171.124 based fork called s3c-linux-2.6.21 and customized by qisda employees. It contains at the moment two binary blobs epaper.o and auofb.o which drive the AUO K1900 display. Inquiries for the sources of them are made. Also it contains many switches for the different submodels in all parts of the code.
- AS090B00 - Asus DR900
- BQ060B00 - Benq K60
- PV060B00 - Positivo Alfa (not mentioned in the sources but in the book application)
- QD090B00 - Mr.Book ONext Touch & Read 001
- SG060B00 - Sagem Binder and Medion Oyo
- ST090B00 - Booq Avant, Promedia-PO541
A working basic kernel based on Linux 3.0 can be found in the oyo-hack project on gitorious https://github.com/mmind/linux-es600 , including a working driver for the epaper display. Outdated demo videos using e17 and scummvm can be found on http://www.youtube.com/user/MMind81 .
- ftp://126.96.36.199/nReader/Document/ServiceManual/9H.H04TW.201.pdf - BenQ K60 Service Manual
- Another hw doc?
- Some sw doc?
- Another sw doc?
- http://www.fwma.de/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.OYO – various information collected so far